1. ACCESS TO COACH@’S SCHEDULING
To access the Coach@’s booking schedule or to manage your appointments, access the “Coach@” item on the left side menu of your Canvas’ course homepage.
As shown here, in addition to the reservation schedule, you have a series of buttons with access to valuable content.
- If the reservation form doesn’t open or show correctly, or to solve any issue with this part of the process, the yellow box at the top of the page links to an external reservation form in a new window. This should allow you to continue with your scheduling process.
- Additionally, the links to Coach@’ live chat and WhatsApp’s chat will enable you to directly access to our support staff. Operators are available from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST. During these hours, you can ask your questions and our support staff will answer them in the order they were submitted. If you access the live chat outside of these hours, your message will reach the operators by email and they will reply to you as soon as possible but definitely within a 24 hour timeframe, except for weekends and holidays.
The reservation process consists of 5 steps. In these instructions we will review each of the steps in detail.
2. STEP 1. YOUR AVAILABILITY AND SELECTION OF FACILITATORS
This first step allows you to:
1.- Select your preferred facilitator by clicking on the dropdown menu. If you do not have a preference, you can leave the “Anyone” option selected. This will show you a wider schedule that will include the availability of all facilitators possible.
2.- Select the days of the week that you can participate in Coach@ conversation meetings. This filter will adjust the reservation calendar and show you only your preferred days. If you can meet any day of the week, you may leave the default selection.
3.- To continue, click “Next” on the lower right corner of the scheduling page.
3. STEP 2. BOOK YOUR FIRST CONVERSATION SESSION
For the first term, you must make a series of appointments. To schedule your first session, please note the following:
Each meeting will have up to 5 participants, in addition to your facilitator.
The numbers in brackets next to the appointment times indicate how many students have signed up for each session. For example, [3/5] means that there are 3 people signed up for the meeting, out of a maximum of 5 people.
Strikethrough and light-gray hours are no longer available, having reached the maximum number of participants.
Choose the day and time that best suits you from the calendar.
Click the “NEXT” button in the lower right corner to proceed to step 3, where you can repeat the same slots for your following sessions. When possible, this is strongly adviced because it will help you get acquainted with the same facilitator and group of students.
4. STEP 3. REPEAT
If you would like to book your remaining appointments in the same weekday and time, click on the “Repeat this appointment” box. Otherwise press “NEXT” button below.
Once you press the “SCHEDULE THE REMAINING APPOINTMENTS” button, all the available dates will be listed.
If the desired time slot is already booked, our system will automatically select the next available time in that day. You will be noticed of any change by an alert icon next to the time slot.
You can delete any day you want by pressing the trash can icon.
5. STEP 4. BOOKING THE REST OF APPOINTMENTS
By clicking on Next, you will access a summary of reserved appointments. You can also click BOOK MORE to continue scheduling the rest of your appointments for the term, following the same process for each of the appointments.
You will be directed to step 1 and asked to book your next appointments completing the same process.
To navigate the weeks of the term and see the rest of the days on the calendar, you can click the arrow button on the lower right corner of the screen.
Once you have booked all your appointments, you can click “NEXT” on the lower right corner to go to step 4 and enter your details.
- If you receive the error below, it means that you have exceeded the number of appointments or have schedule more than one per week. If this is the case, please correct your selections to continue.
You are trying to use the service too often. Please contact us to make a reservation.
5. STEP 4. ENTER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
To complete the reservation process, you must enter your name and last name, as well as your contact details (telephone and email). Please make sure you provide the correct information in order to receive the booking confirmation containing the link to Zoom® session. Specific username and password to access your Coach@’s schedule will be emailed you can log in in the future. Reminders will be emailed and can also be sent via text messages.
To complete the registration and reservation process, click “NEXT” button on the lower right corner.
As mentioned, you will immediately receive an email with your username and password similar to the one below after you create a new Coach@ account,
If you previously booked an appointment and have a Coach@ account, you will not need to enter your details again. All you have to do is log in by clicking on the “LOG IN” button. You will need to enter the username and password that you received by email at the time of registration.
6. STEP 6. CONFIRMATION OF THE RESERVATION
A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen, indicating that your reservation was successful.
Additionally, you will receive an email for each of the appointments you have booked reminding you of the day and time and including the ZOOM link that you will use to join the scheduled videoconference.
- If you do not receive your reservation email, please contact Coach@’s support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will provide you with the information you need.
- If, for some reason, you do not receive your reservation email, please check your spam folder. If you do not receive a link to Zoom with your email, do not worry as your reservation has been registered correctly, even if your meeting room has not yet been created in zoom. The reminders that will be send before the meeting will include it. If you prefer to have it well in advance, please contact email@example.com.
If you never used Zoom, please create a free account in Zoom (https://zoom.us/).
Attempt to access your meeting for practice with Zoom and confirm that your microphone and webcam work correctly.
7. APPOINTMENT REMINDERS
- Please enter your email and phone number correctly at the time of registration as it will be used to send you the information of your appointments and reminders.
- You will receive an email with your appointment information after confirming the reservation
- You will receive a reminder email with the information of your appointment one day before it occurs.
- You will receive a reminder sms with the information of your appointment one day before it occurs.
- You will receive a reminder email with your appointment information at around 2 hours prior to your meeting.
8. HELP AND HOW TO CONTACT COACH@
You can reach Coach@ support in these ways:
- If you need to cancel an appointment or if there was any problem with an appointment you had reserved, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have technical issues with the reservation process or with the zoom connection, write to email@example.com
- To receive answer to questions in a more immediate way, you can use the live chat icon at the lower right corner of the reservation form and on the website of https://coachat.education (Links to an external site.) .
- You can also use WhatsApp as a form of contact. The direct link to WhatsApp from Coach@ can be found on the lower left corner. Queries to both live chat and WhatsApp submitted outside of the regular business hours, will be answered within the following 24 hours, except for holidays.
9. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• You are asked to schedule all your sessions at once.
• You can change your appointments anytime as long as you do it with at least 24 hours notice. Failure to provide that notice will make you absent for that session.
• You are allowed to make up ONE missed appointment during the term. This appointment must be made up during the same week that was missed or it will be considered an absence.
• You must be punctual, be prepared, participate and be courteous.
• You must use your webcam and microphone in order to communicate with Coach@’s facilitator as well as with other students also participating.